I'm a writer, a musician, beginning composer, and a general dabbler. Never content to stay in one place, whether physically or otherwise, I moved from California to Gainesville, Florida, and I've been an English major, pre-medicine with emphasis on neurobiology, a middle school science teacher, and a programmer.
Once upon a time, I wanted to be a comic book artist, a chef, a stuntman, a robotics engineer, and a pilot. I still think those things sound pretty good.
In my spare time I read books, watch movies, play video games, and take up way more hobbies than I could possibly have time for.
Visit http://rcanepa.net for the scoop on it all.
Photo by Jivana Wilhoit
The National Organization for Marriage has an operating budget of nine million dollars, which they are spending to convince voters to deny me my right to marriage, with their main argument being that children need a mom and a dad.
As someone who’s tutored children in some rough areas of Los Angeles, let me just say this:
You know what children really need? CHILDREN NEED NINE MILLION DOLLARS.
- Restraints and limitations can be great liberators.
- Don’t ever force it; be ever natural.
- Good intentions are key. Sincerity is king, and yet…
- It’s not about you.
- Listen more than speak.
- Speak only when you have something to say, and then in the most economic way possible.
- Your approach can be direct and subtle at the same time.
- Fear is natural (and human), but work through it and past it. Don’t let fear hold you back.
- Mistakes are part of it (do not worry about them).
- Embrace the power of now, this moment.
- Technique matters, but it’s not the most important element.
- Make no pretenses; put up no facades.
- Laugh, smile if you feel like it — why not?
- Share yourself with others; make a contribution.
- Simplicity is supremely beautiful, yet difficult to obtain.
- Emptiness and silence are powerful elements of expression.
- Remove the clutter, strive for absolute clarity.
- If you think you have mastered it, you’ve have already begun your descent.
- Always be learning. Always be learning. Always be learning.
- Curiosity is your greatest gift, nurture it (in yourself and in others)
So much good.
I still have much to learn.
I missed taking my 365days picture yesterday.
Hiya, no problem at all. :)